List Price: $ 220.95
Price: [wpramaprice asin="0495810584"]
Maintaining its widely respected and unique focus on the critical role of a variety of professionals–in education, psychology, counseling, health care, and human services–HUMAN EXCEPTIONALITY: SCHOOL, COMMUNITY AND FAMILY, Tenth Edition, is a testament to how cross-professional collaboration can and does enhance the lives of exceptional individuals and their families as it strengthens and supports the work of the professionals themselves. After a comprehensive six-chapter introduction to the foundation and challenges across the lifespan for people with exceptionalities, the successive nine chapters focus on definitions, classifications, prevalence, causation, and characteristics of the major categories of exceptionality. Categorical chapters also provide practical information on the educational, medical, and social services aspects of working with people who are exceptional. An excellent resource for pre-service and in-service teachers as well as a range of human services professionals, the book’s unique, human approach combines the most current research, detailed personal stories about exceptional persons, and fresh pedagogical features that help students understand and apply the material.
- “Inclusion and Collaboration Through the Lifespan” features link key concepts in each chapter directly with the real challenges facing schools, family, and the community.
- Chapter-opening “Focus Questions” are revisited at key points throughout the chapter and in the chapter-ending “Focus Review.”
- “Reflect on This” highlights interesting and relevant information about exceptionality to enhance students’ learning and enjoyment.
- “Case Studies” provide real-life examples of issues in education, social services, and health care that people with disabilities and their families confront in their everyday lives. This interactive feature asks each reader to apply what they have learned from the study and link it to the chapter content. “Snapshot” features in each chapter also enhance the book’s real-world perspective, providing enriching personal insights into the lives of exceptional individuals.
- The most current and “hot” topics are openly discussed in chapter “Debate Forums” designed to help readers understand today’s most important challenges and controversial issues for people who are exceptional and their families. Also reflecting the book’s currency are “Assistive Technology” features, which introduce exciting innovations in the use of computers, biomedical engineering, and instructional systems.
Find More Related Books :
Search excerpt and free read online for
Spectrum Possibilities – Barbadian Charity recipient …
Spectrum Possibilities – Barbadian Charity recipient … … a Specialist BSc in Psychology and a Major in Exceptionality in Human Learning (BA …